Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 07, 2008

The Daily Times Can't Survive Without Salisbury News

Anyone who knows anything about the Former Sheriff Hunter Nelms knows NO ONE gets an interview with the man. That being said, on the front page of today's Daily Times, (yes, it actually arrived this morning) they have an article I headlined yesterday referencing a former Sheriff's Deputy.

You're seeing SALISBURY Police information after all the years. You've got a year in review and all sorts of Salisbury News information right there in The Daily Times now. So how will this work from this point forward?

Let's see, I'm one person with 5 other part time writers. The Daily Times has a Staff of more than 200 and they're copying me. Now that's what I call a compliment! Nevertheless, I get e-mail messages from some at The Daily Times if they think something isn't right in something I stated about them, so I know they're constantly reading my Site.

Then, all you have to do it watch my articles go up and 20 minutes later you'll see something time stamped on their update section on line copying me. Again, the funny part is, you pay for their crap, yet you can usually get it here first.

Let me assure you Ladies & Gentlemen, ALL of the major news sources come to Salisbury News FIRST. Why, might you ask? Because they know it will get PRINTED! We treat EVERY story like it's a great one! What the Daily Times has failed on is that they forgot a major aspect of news and information. Even though someone bringing you information may seem small at times but to the person sharing it, it's HUGE! The Daily Times has forgotten where they came from and they will fail. You wait and see.

To Joe G, thanks for reading Salisbury News and you're once AGAIN welcome for the front page news. How does it feel to be second now?

As I recall all the old Daily Times articles on this particular issue, Bassett ragged on Hunter Nelms to no end and beat the guy up pretty good. Today their article doesn't get into any real detail or quotes from the Judge. I guesss they were afraid of all the commments I got by keepin it real? Nevertheless, thanks for not kicking Hunter Nelms in the face again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure did get alot of comments, the most i've seen about any story. Unfortunately for you most of them were in support of Claude Holland and not your good old boy Hunter Nelms. I appreciate the fact the Daily Times was not biased in their opinion on the case. Maybe i'll go back to reading it to get the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Come on Joe! Where is the 7 page opinion from the judge? A friend is supposed to get me a copy today but I want to see it here first! I want to be able to see what really went down and what a respected judge has to say about it.

Anonymous said...

You have five part-time writers. The DT has six news reporters.

Staff of 200 may be true but it's not in the news section...

Anonymous said...

Keeping it real? Give me a break. All you did was what you always do, sucked up to Hunter Nelms. He couldn't care any less about you than super hero Lewis cares about you. You are the butt end of every joke in town.