Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Miss Ocean City!


It's not very often any more that I am able to take the time and discuss personal things on this Blog Site. However, I will do so for the moment because I feel it's necessary.

Look, point blank, I MISS OCEAN CITY! I miss the friends I had out there. I miss the excitement. I miss Dumsers Ice-cream! OMG, I could go on and on about the Bay, the Ocean, Boating, Harley Rides, The Ocean City Today and Stewart Dobson's Editorials, Fagetaboutit!

One of the things I truly miss most is the winter! In the winter time, that's when you got to meet your neighbors. That's when people united and you know what, there wasn't a single miserable person in that whole Town!

I don't miss the traffic but I always remember when winter came just how sweet it was to NOT see a PA Tag! You wanna know where I came up with the word I'm so well known for, (IDIOT) it was summer time in Ocean City!

I miss clamming every day. I miss taking my labs out into the Bay and playing ball for hours on end. I miss the skyline from West Ocean City. However, I have to admit, I USED to miss New York City too and I got over that.

I enjoyed meeting so many new people last night and that's what hurts the most. Seeing those kind of people who truly care. When they shake your hand a hug usually comes along with it. Perhaps I don't frequent Ocean City because it hurts too much? All I can tell you is, go there this winter before it's too late! Tell them Joe Albero sent ya! Then bring me back some Dumsers Ice-cream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir:

Why did you leave, and how come you don't move back?

joe albero said...

While I enjoyed the water and boating, my Wife loves animals and always wanted horses.

This is why we bought the Ranch in Delmar. However, what we didn't expect was the raising of our Grandson and that changed our lives quite a bit.

In fact, we do own a home with 2 waterfront acres on Herring Creek and more than likely will move back there some day.

I think we'll wait till Barrie Tilghman is no longer in Office though. ;-)

Tim Chaney said...

I lived there from 1979 until 1985. I roamed the Cork Bar, Bearded Clam, sometimes floated back and forth from M.R. Ducks and The Angler on Reggae nights. I knew all the doormen in town and rarely had to pay a cover.

No I wasn't driving at the time, I used the bus a lot, didn't have to worry about parking, I worked right across from Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Tough trying to get a parking spot in that area or pay out the butt.

The winters are the best time, you can shoot a cannonball down Baltimore Avenue this time of year and not hit a thing. Less than 8000 year round residents and swells to 300,000 in late July in August.