Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary Barrie Tilghman



You see, it was two years ago I sent a "private e-mail" to the Mayor, frustrated because she refused to answer my questions. It was the infamous, "You're not only a waste of my time, you're a waste of good sp_rm."

Obviously the Mayor and I have not seen eye to eye very often but in her attempt to bring me down, she announced a Press Conference and asked the Public to look at the nasty, hateful Blogs and we were BORN.

Do I regret making that statement? Hell No I Don't! I was a genius move on my behalf and it was stupid on the Mayors behalf to take a private e-mail and go public with it. Not only did the Mayor clearly show it did NOT offend her, she chose to share it with the entire world. That being said Barrie Tilghman, weren't you subjecting the public to the same abuse, IF it was so abusive? Hook, line & sinker!

Nevertheless, it is what it is and today we have soared past The Daily Times Circulation. Granted, I have toned it down quite a bit but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

I can't wait to write a book!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I remember this like it was yesterday. I don't think I ever laughed any harder then I did that day. Thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, happy anniversary Barrie. Last night you missed that woman demanding your immediate resignation. Don't miss todays letter of intent to RECALL the mayor.

Does it get any better than this?

Anonymous said...

It would be better if Gary and Louise were recalled at the same time. CLEAN SWEEP

Anonymous said...

Ya GOTTA recall gary and louise. Otherwise Louise and Shanie will just vote to appoint Gary as mayor.

You're walking the petition around anyway. Take out One + Two and You Get FREE!!!

Anonymous said...

If I understand it correctly there is no appointment of mayor. There will be a special election after a reaffirmation vote.

It's all in the city charter SC6-13

Anonymous said...

how can Shanie and Louise vote to appoint Bubba for Mare when Terry and Debbie will be voting nay? 2 to 2? Don't count them chickens yet bubba better yet abandon ship while the getting is good I think your ship is taking on water big time

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how Greg Bassett spins this one. Woooo hooo it's really gonna get good now.