Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 01, 2008

Do YOU Know Jeff Disharoon?

As many of you saw earlier this morning, I had a Post up about an employee of WBOC and the fact that he had copied my complete Website and posted it under his own Blog.

This morning I received a very nice phone call from Jeff apologizing for what he had done and assured me it had been removed. He asked what he needed to do to make things right and I replied, "You just did it."

I respect the fact that Jeff was MAN enough to own up to his mistake/error and I also want to thank Laura Baker of WBOC for looking into this matter. Laura expresses that Jeff had not produced this material on their time. We may disagree on that for now but out of respect for both of them I have completely removed the Post.

I do work hard on this Blog with time, money, equipment, gas, vehicles and the list goes on and on. I do not use any advertising to help with those expenses. That being said, the material I produce is mine and unless you ask me for it, I'm going to go after you. Yes, Doug, that goes for you too.

Please respect the fact that this is my material so we don't have this confusion down the road. If any of you see my material, (photos or posts) being used elsewhere, please let me know so I can take it to the proper authorities and get what is due.

We can disagree with one and other, that's cool. But to steal material from someone is criminal, no different from walking into a store and walking out with items you didn't pay for.

Thank You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you mean Doug Church with his Salisbury News And Views blog site. I wondered if that was his site but now that you brought out his first name I'm even more confident.

Doug Church is a common thief for stealing your photos and I hope you do sue him. Keep up the great work Joe.

BossHogg said...

Joe:

As I read this from Sunny Southern California, it is refreshing to see that some people 'back home' on the Shore can be civilized.

You know me and like you am willing to share a lot of what I write and post, if you ask first.

More than one article of mine, copyright photo or other materials have been stolen.

Heck the former President of a Chamber of Commerce stole a whole section of the Pocomoke Tattler to use as a 'slander piece' against a Chamber Member who is a Christian Minister and was running for a Chamber Office last year.

I sent an e-mail asking for this 'leading citizen of the business community' to 'cease & desist' from using our copyrighted blog material.

As you know instead of a civil response and apology such as the one your received from Mr. Disharoon.

I was threatened with a lawsuit that never materialized because I stood on my rights.

Three Cheers to WBOC for doing the right thing. (I don't always agree with Tom Draper but he is a good businessman with good people on his team)

We are all human and make mistakes, it is refreshing when one admits to a mistake and makes things right.

Some days it seems like people have forgotten that using out right to disagree is what makes this country great...

Billy Burke