Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 03, 2007

Mr. Holland Wants To Celebrate With All Of You




Look, when it comes to all of those days when I'm dead tired from putting in so many hours with this Blog, going to meetings I really don't want to go to, I look up when I arrive and MOST of the time, there's Mr. Holland. It doesn't matter if it's a City Council Meeting, Work Session, a Meeting at the Civic Center with the County Council, Mr. Holland is in most cases standing/sitting right there.

Here's a guy who walks with a cane and when he sits or stands, it's extremely evident just how painful a task it is on this man. That's why it sometimes pisses me off when I am subjected to the Lord's Prayer with the City Council, KNOWING 100% they couldn't care less what the meaning of that prayer is because the Mayor will flat out LIE anyway, hence the bottled water, the Zoo, the WWTP and the list goes on and on. Louise Smith with I'm all about accountability. Anyhow, I won't go on a rampage because my point is, this man cares about his community and even with all that pain, even as slow a pace as it takes this man to get to the podium, HE DOES MORE THAN 99% OF YOU. I'm never tired any more when I see this man in a room.

I'm proud to see he was in one of the leading vehicles in this Parade as this man actually represents and does everything in his powers to protect all of your interests. So Thank You Mr. Holland, for all that you do. Merry Christmas to you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Mr. Holand. Merry Christmas and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Was that beautiful old Fire Truck the first vehicle in the parade? If not, it should have been. It carried the only people in Salisbury that truly care and fight for what is in the best interest of the citizens of this city.

Thank you, Mr. Kenneth Holland, its not much but I do appreciate all you do. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Tim Chaney said...

Mr Holland is top notch!

mrtv said...

Thanks also to Greg Smith for the use of his fire truck...what a beautiful piece of Salisbury history.

Anonymous said...

Ken Smith was waiving from the other side of the truck. Merry Christmas, Mr. Kenny! Salisbury is lucky to have citizens like you and Mr. Holland...and thank you Mr. and Mrs. Greg Smith!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Joe! That truck with Campbell and Cohen was terrific! An old sweetheart engine chock full of kids, two great old folks, a retired firefighter and wife. Not to mention the two councilwomen who work their a$$e$ off! I caught a glimpse a ways back of Cohen jumping off to give candy to the crowd, then running -- yes, running! to hop back on the firetruck. What a hoot!

Oh, and did you catch that adorable kid in the firefighter outfit on the back of the engine? Just fantastic! The whole thing just really captured the spirit, it did!

The whole parade was great, a little rainy for the later half. The Jaycees outdid themselves this year. Congrats to them and everyone who took part!

Anonymous said...

MR. HOLLAND is the man! A gift to our community.

Joe, thank you for all you speak of him.

WatchfulEye said...

Wow. He is an inspiration. I hope I have half that energy when I'm his age.

Anonymous said...

pops is the man!! used cook for him everyday at the little acorn cafe.
tommy j

Anonymous said...

Not only do I offer my thanks to Greg Smith for the use of old Salisbury Engine 210, but I offer my thanks to Terry Cohen and Debbie Campbell for requesting to ride in the parade on than fine piece of Equipment. That old engine was requested by the two real council members of the Salisbury City Council because of its historic value and the theme of the Christmas Parade. That is a fine example of the homework they do for the city and its citizens. Do you think Bubba and Louweasel have enough since to think for themselves and do research like that? Do you think Shady Shanie....never mind, lost cause.

Do you think DingleBarrie Tilghman would stoop so low as to ride on an old firetruck? Not hardly....

Again, the real council members have outdone themselves. To Debbie and Terry thank you. I am so glad that I voted for you. Louweasel, I want my damn vote back!!!

Bubba, I don't know who voted for you, but they either got paid (some way or another) or they are simply retarded. Uh, uh, um, uh, what a dumb ASS!!! ROTFLMAO

Tim Chaney said...

I know where ever I go, there he is, and yes Mr. Holland is "The Man."

I hope I can still put up a fight when I get that age. You are a treasure here in Salisbury, Mr. Holland.....