Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 03, 2007

Congressional Candidate Andy Harris Speaks About His Recent Visit To Our Eastern Shore


Friends,

Last week we spent a lot of time campaigning on the Lower Shore. Monday, I spoke to the Wicomico County Republican Club. The next morning we started bright and early on the Bill Reddish Show (1320AM WICO), and then had a great breakfast at Dayton’s in Salisbury with some local folks. I then spent a full hour on Jack Gillen’s Show on WQMR 101.1FM talking about issues ranging from the peace conference in Annapolis to beach replenishment. I had lunch at Taylor’s in Ocean Pines and then spent the afternoon knocking on doors in Ocean Pines. I was extremely encouraged because not a single person I met said they were voting for my opponent. Tuesday night I spoke to the DelMar Republican Women.

I described my schedule on the Lower Shore Monday and Tuesday because I learned a key fact while down there. As I traveled throughout the Lower Shore, I learned the key issues important to voters are the same no matter where I am in the district. Voters want lower taxes and decreased wasteful government spending. They want a candidate who will vote to secure our borders and oppose all forms of amnesty for illegal immigrants. Voters want a leader who will help our country win the Global War on Terror. Finally, they want a congressman who shares their traditional family values. I am the only candidate with the consistent conservative record that will represent the values voters want in their congressman.

As I continue to travel throughout the district, I am going to continue to preach my message of consistent conservative leadership. It is time for a change in Washington and I will bring that change. I hope each of you will visit our website and sign up to help our campaign.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

No comments: