Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 03, 2007

Is It Just Me?

Has anyone noticed how The Daily Times is looking exactly like Salisbury News this past week?

It seems to me that every story I've been putting out there, they have been following. A day later, two days later, it doesn't matter. I personally think it's kind of cool that I'm keeping them in check and quite frankly I'm enjoying it when they out scoop me on something because I just kick back and think, I'm one person, they have a Staff of over 200!

There are some that come here and complain, even with my spelling. This Site is free and you're reading far more stories of INTEREST than you are from the Daily Slime. As you can hear the high heels clicking down the Plaza and the lights are all dim, BITE ME!

Where was The Daily Slime yesterday when Barrie was pitching a fit over being in 9th position. OK, let me straighten that out even more. EVEN IF The Daily Slime was right there, do ANY of YOU believe they would have printed it? NOPE! Why, because their pussies, that's why. Look at the last two or three articles I put up today. Do YOU think the Daily Slime would ever challenge this Administration with such articles and or TRUTH?

Like I said in the past, I'd like to see that Witch walk through my front door with the entire Council screaming and yelling. She, (and they) would go back out the door in cuffs!

Anyhow, thanks for the compliments by copying me so much lately, Daily Times.

8 comments:

WatchfulEye said...

Hey, Joe, had you considered starting the old "Sby News and Advertiser" back up? I seem to remember it was weekly, and summed up the news from the previous week. I know it was free, because it was Advertiser supported. You could post the "Best Of", plus City council meetings and agendas, County council meetings and agendas, and other things. Just a thought

Anonymous said...

Second that motion -- another possibility is a subscription paper published 2 or 3 times per week with more indepth coverage than the Daily Slime, and focused on just the nearly area, not "everywhere".

Anonymous said...

I haven't noticed because I don't read that piece of poo. Every time I want to know the latest that's happening in Smallsbury, I click on Joe's blog. It's faster, more interesting, and more detailed.

dan said...

Call me idealistic (it is not the worst thing I have been accused of being) but I believe that if a print edition paper is to make a true impact and be completely transparent, there should be no advertising at all. That way, the editors are beholdent to nothing but the unbiased, raw truth, and open to report pretty much anything.

Of course, one would need a rather generous benefactor, but still...

WatchfulEye said...

Dan, I was more referring to the concept. It doesn't need the size of the old Advertiser, but I think that the concept is nice. I would be willing to have a weekly mailed to me, and pay to do so.

dan said...

I agree with you, watchful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe, the "entire" council wouldn't be following the witch to your place screaming...

Just 3 of them are her puppets.

BossHogg said...

Joe:

a recent study (that i will dig up somehow) showed that areas with mutliple newspapers published by a single source actually provide less news.

Gannett has gobbled up every small paper on the shore and:

1) Lowered the level of service
2) Lowered the amount of true news
3) Eliminated much of the local news
4) Flavor? Style?

Consolidation has created opportunity for organic growth.

We have been asked the same question, can you print something?

Our question is why kill trees?

We are the new media.