Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 07, 2007

A Letter To Me, The Editor

Mr. Albero, I have a request.

We all know there are some tremendously sick people continually bashing you. I truly do not agree with some of your posts or style, but you also some very good work.

For the times that you are "over the top," these people feel that THEY have to respond "over the top" as well. And they've got you beat by a mile. They are also the ones who fancy themselves as "nice" or "good Christians" or pursuing a "noble cause." Nonsense. They are none of those things.

So, my request is, since we all know that there are incredibly vulgar things said about you and your wife, and the rest of your family, would you please just keep a copy of these for when you need them, but stop posting them for now.

It detracts from your blog, it's hard for us readers to stomach, and it gives these pathetic wretches attention they don't deserve.

Let them huddle in their little hate spots and feed each other's little hate frenzies. This is not the same as people who criticize the mayor or council, or complain about the roads, or whatever. Your blog is about many subjects.

This is just a sick little cabal of people who mentally and emotionally never made it past junior high.

It's your blog, but if it were mine, I'd take my advice and give all this a rest. It's the holiday season. There is much beauty to focus on. There is also a lot of rats in the cheese going on with the city and the county. There is crime to report. Please focus on these things and leave the pathetic ones to themselves.

I, for one, do not go to the anti-Albero blogs or the watchdesk. I couldn't stomach it and life is too short.

Thank you, sir, for considering my request.

Dear Anonymous,

I couldn't agree more, honestly. When I was Posting some of these today I thought, should I be doing this? Then I thought, how could another man do this to an innocent woman who has done NOTHING to ANY one of you? I will say this, as this was the reason I went ahead and put it up.

My Wife Jennifer dedicated 5 years of her life working as a Volunteer with the Salisbury Fire Department's DIVE TEAM. Yes Folks, she was one of the BROTHERS/SISTERS. I plan on putting up a Post about this matter tomorrow but the mere fact that these Men and or Women would do this to one of their own, well, quite frankly, it just ticked me off to no end.

That being said, TO ALL OF YOU, I'm sorry I've allowed these Posts to go up. Look, I'm not perfect and I'm certainly not innocent either. However, unlike Mr. Justice For All, I would never say something like this about his Wife and or ANY of the Fire Fighters Wives.

All that being said, I will do my very best to clean things up from here on out. We're not the Catholic Church Bulletin but we don't have to be the National Enquirer either. I thank you for taking the time to bring me back down to earth and I will work much harder to tone it down.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cut the nonsense, your wife wasn't good enough to hang with us. Thanks for your pathetic post. Have a good Christmas, hope your grandson and wife do anyway. Could really care less about you. What do you know, I'm a Salisbury Firefighter. Put this as a headline moron.

honestaby said...

Finally reason sets in. Great post. Couldn't have said it better.
Keep your good wife out of this Joe.

Anonymous said...

To anonymous 7:06, if you are a Salisbury Firefighter, sir, you serve only to diminish the department with your comment.

I will not judge all firefighters by you.

But you, sir, with this comment have shown yourself unworthy of what you all call "the brotherhood." By continuing your hate-filled comments toward Mrs. Albero, who, from what I can tell, has given much service to the community, you dishonor your department and yourself.

You should be ashamed. And your brethren should be ashamed of you as well.

I hope Mr. Albero removes your comment, and we can move forward through the holiday season on the things noted in this post.

From here forward, I will ignore such comments, hoping Mr. Albero will save them, remove them and take the higher road of not responding.

That is not to say he should remove honest disagreement or criticism of his comments or even himself. But anything monstrously vulgar or attacking his family in any way should be removed.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

joe albero said...

No, I'll not remove them. What's done is done but I'm NOT cleaning it up simply because the Fire Department is DESPERATE for me to do so.

If the nasty comments continue, I'll also consider posting them, I'll simply clean them up before they go up. You see, this is exactly what they want. They want me NOT to post things and then rag on me all day long.

Believe me, I delete so many comments a day from these Fire Fighters it isn't funny.

Also keep in mind we had some 70,000 visitors yesterday alone. Don't think for a second Barrie Tilghman isn't freaking out because so many people are listening. The Fire Department planted the seed and continues to attack my Wife and Grandson and I will encourage 70,000 people to throw out those donation envelopes and show these people who they're screwing with, period.

The comments will stay up and these young men and women will either change or they'll be blasted. Like I said, I'll just clean them up a bit.

Much like The Watch Desk yesterday, I believe Barrie will drop the hammer big time on this matter and it will come to a stop right away and we'll ALL become civil once again. However, I now know what they think of my Wife and I'll be damned if I'll stand up for them again when they're looking for raises and or support.

Anonymous said...

Joe, its not just your wife they rag on. Remember not so long ago they were bashing two people that are living together who work together at the firehouse? I won't mention their names because it is not necessary. I just want to point out the fact that if someone they work with daily and call brother/sister anyone is fair game to them. They have no loyalty, not even to themselves. What a sad state of affairs the city of Salisbury has become. Thanks Barrie and flying monkeys, we couldn't have done it without you or Scheme Team I. You have succeeded in dividing the entire community, it will show come election day.

joe albero said...

You are absolutely correct, forgive me for forgetting that.

Anonymous said...

Not to Worry...Bubba will make everything better when he's mayor!

Tim Chaney said...

It is hard to believe some of the stuff that has been sent to you Joe. Being a critic is one thing but the hate in those posts from people who actually think they are policing the Internet and are do-gooders.

I wouldn't give their posts the space on the blog or the recognition. I wouldn't dignify their posts with a reply let alone post their garbage. Yea, you should post some who disagree about a post intelligently, but to the point of vulgarity to your wife and grandson are way over the top.

Pay them no attention, and they wouldn't have anything to talk about. I do my best to stay away from the fire department issues, not that I don't agree about some things, especially the costs of the fire house.

I saw the post where someone accused you of copyright infringement in regard to the posts of the firehouses built elsewhere for a lot less money. Why shouldn't they approve the compliment of fiscal responsibility serving it's citizens. Looks to me like it's more of a compliment to those that did it for a lot less. Bet they weren't built on swampland also.

Keep up the good work!

Chimera said...

Isnt there some kind of authority at the state level to investigate this stuff?

Tim Chaney said...

Trouble is government always investigates itself most of the time....

Anonymous said...

My first comment ever - I don't even live in MD or near Salisbury, but heard about the blog, checked it out and have followed these events for quite some time now.
Although I agree with this post's request, the reposting of many comments that you've recieved, Mr. Albero, has served to illustrate the nature of some people and "trials" you and your family are forced to face because of their poor behavior. Just goes to verify how hard a pig will squeal when he's caught!
I, for one, appologize to you and your family for these pigs-of-society. Also, I hope you keep up the good work of exposing them so they may no longer hide in plain sight among honorable people. Please continue to be a strong messenger so that good people can make their communities better.
Sir, may these events be far from your minds so you and your family may enjoy a MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON.