Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 06, 2007

How Did Your School Look This Morning?



At Delmar Elementary, the roads had NOT been plowed and the sidewalks, (once the children arrived) were loaded with snow and ice. It's one thing to put your child on the Bus in the morning and wave goodbye. It's another losing confidence when someone like me takes pictures and delivers what YOU'RE NOT SEEING and you come to learn they didn't do anything towards your child's safety.

The pictures do not lie and let me tell you this as well. I forgot my Grandson's Book Bag this morning when I chose to drive him into School, instead of putting him on the Bus. We got there and I said, let me get you into School and I'll ride home and get your Book Bag and bring it back. We walked to the front door and we were told at 9:45 AM he was not allowed into the School till 10:00? So ALL those children that had been dropped off were subjected to stand outside the School, in which snowball fights were everywhere, yes, including the young girls getting NAILED with snowballs by the young boys.

I immediately chose to drive back home, this time I would return with my camera. It did make a huge difference between when we first arrived and the second time we came back but there was no salt on the sidewalk or sand, nothing. Look, I don't want to sit here and complain. IF we get another snow, the Board of Education is welcome to call me personally and I will show up with a commercial snow blower and clear the pathways myself at my own expense. The Teachers NOR the Students deserve to arrive there with things in this condition. I'll do this IF the School will start allowing the children to come inside and get warm. They can hang out in the Gym. Fair enough?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

BITCH.. BITCH..BITCH

THATS ALL YOU EVER DO

Anonymous said...

Anon 1157, I'll bet a dollar to a donut you would be the one bitching if your child was left out in the cold for 15 minutes, considering it was 26 degrees when I put my son on the bus at 10:05am. God forbid your child be out there playing, slip on the ice and break a bone or their back. Who would be doing the bitching then?

Since when is offering to do a service, free of charge BITCHING?

Anonymous said...

Last year you bitched about FOG DELAYS. We have actually had bus accidents and people killed because of fog. You said it was stupid. If they would have closed schools you would have bitched about that too! Make up your mind! You cant have it both ways. Two hour delay was perfect call IMO. How is the school system supposed to clean off all the walks?

Anonymous said...

Did you clean your sidewalks at your building downtown? AS REQUIRED BY LAW?
I want to see a picture!

Anonymous said...

AGAIN YOU TAKE PICTURES OF LITTLE KIDS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND PUT THEM ON THE INTERNET - DUDE YOUR DISTURBED!

Anonymous said...

Even Bennett High kids were allowed inside the cafeteria this morning to wait.
Have the teachers and other administration wait outside in the cold one day, and see how long that lasts. Ha.

Anonymous said...

The sidewalks were salted, the marks you see were from the mini plow. It had no effect as the ice was to thin on the walkways. Get your facts straight. We did everyhthing possible in two hours to get our walkways clean.

Anonymous said...

Teachers and administrators are not required to wait outside because they come to work when they are expected to. If you got to work before the appointed time and the doors were locked guess where you would be waiting? School began at Delmar at 10 this morning - parents who dropped off or had their kids walk should have had them there at 10 instead of expecting the school system to act as child care earlier. The children are not supervised until school begins - letting them in earlier would imply that they were being supervised and if something happend the school is liable. Before 10 they are their parents responsibility!

Joe Friday said...

I live a couple of blocks from Delmar Elementary. My road had not been plowed by the time I left for work, so I know conditions were bad. If the elementary school needs you joe, would you consider stopping by my house as well? I'm not that far. LOL.

Anonymous said...

havent you all figured out that the counties and states dont care about our public schools or the children that go to them, were all lower class citizens in the eyes of the fortunate,only middle class families go to public schools, in the new america were insucnifigent