Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Daily Times Website


Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of living in the country is that we don't have cable and we can't get high speed access through our telephone lines.

That being said, honest to God, I have never experienced such fast Internet Access within Dial Up before and I am quite pleased with each and every location I visit. That is, with exception of The Daily Times. I don't care how fast I hook up, if you're on Dial Up, it takes, (honestly) almost 5 minutes for their Site to load up. Then if you go click on something, yep, it's another 5 minutes.

You would think with their resources they would do something to make it easy for everyone but I guess they're depending on everyone having extremely fast, high speed Internet Access. Well, you can't fix something you're not aware of, so now they know. Your Website Sucks for Dial Up Users!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR A NERD. IF I WERE THE DAILY TIMES I WOULD NEVER ALLOW YOU EVEN ON MY WEB SITE OR COMMENT OR ALLOW ANYONE TO COMMENT ABOUT YOU. I WOULD PRETEND YOU DON'T EVEN EXIST. YOUR A DUMB CHICKEN AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A MAJOR HEART ATTACK OR SOMEONE BEATS YOU THE SENSE INTO YOUR USELESS BRAIN! ALL DUE RESPECT - NOT!

Anonymous said...

I smell JR! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Joe - just bite the bullet and get the Hughesnet Satellite. Not perfect, but way better than dialup. I isn't like you can't afford it! :)

joe albero said...

We actually did that more than 2 years ago. What you see on their commercials is all bullshit! We were MUCH slower than Dial Up and even the company that installed it knew right away it wasn't going to satisfy us.

Hughes Net, $1,200.00 installation and $29.95 a month access.

Dial Up, $7.20 a month! Don't buy everything you see on TV!

Anonymous said...

I hate the stupid question screen that pops up all the time!

Anonymous said...

Its all that flash animation and advertising on their site that slows the site down from loading. I have a time on DSL sometimes but I think that has a lot to do with many people hitting the site at the same time as well. All of that flash animation is quite distracting, imo.

WatchfulEye said...

Yeah, Joe, it smells like JR with all of Dude's comments! Even I'm getting to know him. :)

Chimera said...

Yep-you think Verizon would get a clue and start rolling out fiber optics in underserved areas.Everyone who wants DSL already has it and I get pissed at them because they send me an ad for DSL in every bill,knowing full well they will never get it out here where I am!Whew!That being said,dialup isnt bad and alot of the speed relies on how far you are located from the telephone exchange switching center.Daily Times website takes FOREVER to load quite often