Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 22, 2007

Chris Llinus Gets Off This Week

"Yes, I have been on home detention for close to a year now, and will be off this coming Wednesday, October 24th . . . I'll cut the bracelet off at 8am, take a personal day, go surfing, maybe do a 5-miler on the Boardwalk, and go out to dinner with my wife . . .

Home detention really hasn't been bad at all . . . I can leave the house for work, meetings, and class . . . and I can go outside for tai chi, meditation, and yard work . . . to be quite honest, it's been quite the positive experience, on the whole, and I'm a better person for it."


I can't believe after what this guy did, he got off with one year of house arrest. I'm NOT angry at him for that, mind you. I'm simply saddened at the fact that there are many young black kids that will never see this same kind of light.

Chris is the failed attorney they got involved with Pesto's and the drugs, the drug money and so forth and so on. So this is something you won't read about in The Daily Times. Chris seems to claim he has learned his lesson and is a fixed man. Yeah, right! I would have bought that after 15 years in jail for what he did. I'm sure he's a hero to someone out there though.

5 comments:

Chimera said...

Why?Because he is a lawyer and no doubt knew all the "right" people.He gets a year of home detention and his former client Paul A gets to miss 20 years of his daughters life....I am not condoning what he did,it was wrong-but 20 years for a nonviolent crime???????People can say what they want about him and his wife but they employed alot of people LEGALLY in legit businesses and would give someone the shirt off their back if they needed help.There are child molesters and rapists who serve less time,murderers even,in some cases.

Anonymous said...

Joe...
Here you go again putting someone down just to make you feeel better..

Your a bad bad man and will pay your dues in time. Your going to hell....

joe albero said...

Well, that's a good thing because it looks like a lot of people in Salisbury will be there with me and I can't get sued for doing what I can't do here.

Tim Chaney said...

Agh! I'm particularly glad he was sentenced as such, my great nephews need a home life, with a mother and a father. If he were sentenced to a long term in jail, taxpayers would be footing a bill for supplemental family income plus the cost of his incarceration in a Federal Prison for a non-violent crime.

BlutototMom is right, people in a lot more trouble than that get off with Nol Pros or unsupervised probation.

Tim Chaney said...

Not only that, he has confronted his issues openly with the world. That takes balls.