Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Sign Of The Times



Even though the Shorebirds can't afford to replace a sign similar to this one, the Wicomico County Tourism Center is sporting a brand new sign that must have cost a small fortune. Let's see, the people have already arrived, (so it's not like it's going to draw people here) and I doubt very seriously it's going to enhance additional visitors? Oh well, it sure does look good and I truly hope it pays for itself through advertising. Perhaps now other BUSINESSES along Rt. 13 can get the same kind of permits to sport their own messages to enhance business, since the visitors have already arrived? My guess is however, I doubt anyone else will be able to achieve the same permit.

1 comment:

meliss said...

I think it is an eyesore. The beautiful tourist info building is nearly concealed by this monstrosity.