Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Copyright Protection Laws

For those Bloggers out there copying posts from my Blog and using them on theirs, without my permission, you are breaking a Federal Law. "Anything" I write is protected by copyright laws, ask any Lawyer.

Copy one more thing from my Blog, (including photos) and you'll not only make my day, (since you've now been warned) we'll get to know exactly who you are as the Feds will get involved from this point forward.

1 comment:

Lt. Patrick Davis said...

Thats partialy true.. Yes, at inception anything you create either images or writings are in theroy automaticly copyrighted.

However, in order to have any legal teeth against copyright violations. The works have to be on file at the U.S. Copyright office, and you have to prove there were damages caused by the illeagal use of your images or writings. In your case damages would be hard to prove; since your blog is free and in public domain.

In my case (photographer; not blogsite owner)Every 3 months I burn a CD of my images and submit it to the U.S. Copyright office.

www.copyright.gov