Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Petty tyrants abound. In a crisis, the left turns to authoritarianism; the right fights for liberty

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

The COVID-19 pandemic has served one particular purpose: it has demonstrated for all to see how much the left bends toward authoritarianism while the right is left to fight for freedom.

From the moment Drs. Fauci and Birx presented the president with Neil Ferguson's grossly overly alarmist computer model predicting mass death, leading them to advocate for a total shutdown of the economy, the left's natural inclination to ruthless subjugation reared its ugly head. Very quickly, those with a heretofore modicum of power puffed themselves up like howler monkeys and started barking orders at their perceived subjects.

The Napoleonic Dr. Fauci is the first person that comes to mind when considering all those who have assumed power far beyond their realm. Yes, he has long been a government apparatchik, the go-to immunologist since 1984 during the AIDS epidemic. He got a lot wrong then, as he has gotten a lot wrong throughout the COVID-19 event. A long-time leftist and fawning fan of Hillary Clinton, he has leapt to the top of the heap of those the media worship as the fount of all COVID-19 knowledge.

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a left versus right thing. It's more an educated vs. uneducated thing. I'm very right leaning politically, but think we need to stay locked down for awhile.

Anonymous said...

When did we become so scared as a society? We endured a depression. We went to Europe for liberty twice in 25 years. We fought the communists in Korea and Vietnam. We put a man on the moon. We were the culture of John Wayne and James Dean. Now, we live as a society of frightened children. We derive our power from being a victim.

I'm a Gulf 1 Marine and I find it all completely disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Look wake up...its a mess..read hidden dangers of the rainbow to open your eyes to the vast conspricy..i dont trust anything they say.

Anonymous said...

Look wake up...its a mess..read hidden dangers of the rainbow to open your eyes to the vast conspricy..i dont trust anything they say.

Anonymous said...

"es fur Ihre Sicherheit" That's the phrase the Nazis used to keep the people silent and under their control. It means "it's for your safety."

Never forget this.

Anonymous said...

5:05 than you should stay in your home. Most of us are not going to die from it. To broad a stroke has been applied.

Anonymous said...

Folks they are saving lives.

High Desert Dawg said...

In the name of all those that have defended & died for our freedoms, there's a decision we ALL must make.
*TYRANNY
*LIBERTY
The choice is OURS to make, and I've fought for it, and will continue to stand on the side of Liberty!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I believe when this country do I'd away with the military draft a lot of Americans lost their love and devotion to this great country. America took their freedoms for granted.

Anonymous said...

Just an added note. I do not wear a face mask. I do not want to breath my own recycled air. I am an American so I feel free not to do so. My choice. The point is I am sick a tired of being treated poorly in public by those who do. I look at these people who look down on me and say to myself - you are obese - why are you not afraid of of all that fat. It can cause worse problems than the virus. Knock it off - you have a choice and so do I. America the home of the brave.

Anonymous said...

Get a mask, wash your hands, and get out and enjoy life.