Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Husband of Los Angeles DA pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters

The husband of Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey pulled a gun on Black Lives Matter protesters outside the couple’s home early Monday morning.

Police said they were called to the home around 5:40 a.m. after being told some 50 demonstrators were outside. No arrests were made.

Video posted on social media shows David Lacey holding a firearm in the doorway of his Grenada Hills home, as organizer Melina Abdullah says off-camera “Good morning. Are you going to shoot me?”

“I will shoot you. Get off my porch,” he responds.

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: Nice! Conflict among the protected species how is that for irony.? He could have shot them and since it would most likely be black on black it would receive minimal news coverage. Nothing to see here.

Anonymous said...

I see some irony here...

Anonymous said...

I’ll tell you something. If 50 unwanted individuals marched onto my property at 5AM, banging on my front door, chanting at the top of their lungs, demanding to see my wife, or any member of my family got that natter, I’d be prepared for anything. If you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

“Pulled a gun”? Sounds like an old-time western shootout.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like self preservation to me

Anonymous said...

#PANTSONTHEGROUND

Anonymous said...

Kudos! Get off my property, don’t threaten my wife! Where do they get off? Wanna see 50 strangers chanting on your porch at 5 am? Bet you won’t like it! Would love to see how you’d respond. But civilized people wouldn’t do that kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

When are they going to protest black on black murders? Which far outweigh "unprovoked" police involved shootings. They're not, so they really don't think that black lives matter, they're attention seeking jokes.

Anonymous said...

The title of the article should be "held gun".... not pulled.

Anonymous said...

March 3, 2020 at 10:49 AM:

Your type of racism is just plain nasty. Soon your kind will all die off. And it will be good riddance.

Anonymous said...

Saw the video. He not only pointed the gun at them, but he had his finger on the trigger. That is a legally defined description of assault with a deadly weapon (fear for one's life). If me, I would not have opened the door, and would have waited on the other side with the safety off. The first one through the door would be the last one through the door. If they stayed where they were, the cops would be called to remove them from my property. Somehow, blacks, even with legally owned guns, don't know how to use them.