Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Former Obama adviser urges Congress to give every adult $1,000 during coronavirus outbreak

A former adviser to President Barack Obama urged Congress to provide a rescue package that would give every adult $1,000 amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Jason Furman, who served as the chair of the Council of Economic Advisers during the 2008 financial crisis, told NBC News that after exhausting all other options, giving people a one-time check for $1,000 and every child $500 is the best approach to the economy and ensuring the health of citizens.

“You should spend as much as you can on health, on testing, on hospital infrastructure. You should spend as much as you can in a targeted way on things like unemployment insurance, nutritional assistance, paid leave, and help for states,” he said.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree SEIZE SOROS $$$$$$$$

Anonymous said...

The only groups that will benefit are the public and private utilities. How about the government tell the power, phone, and cable companies that they must spread the next 3 months charges over a 2 year period instead.

Anonymous said...

you mean MITT ROMNEY?

Anonymous said...

Just another way to institute Liberal agenda. As a Retiree in MD I know what it is to live day by day and still pay my bills. About time the average MD / US citizen learns that, since they always want more for nothing and raise my taxes to pay for their laziness and take my money to pay for them. Royally sucks.

Anonymous said...

I know right are we going to ignore that Mitt Romney actually said this?

Anonymous said...

Shove a sock in it, we all pay for the social security and Medicare you collect that will be stripped dry by the time we can retire.

Anonymous said...

Uh, retire somewhere else bud

Anonymous said...

Or stand up to them altogether, prevent monopolies and then you wouldnt have such a ridiculous bill.

Anonymous said...

Those damn liberals wanting everyone to have food, clean water and a roof over their heads. How dare they!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting I want my check.

Anonymous said...

Get my check, pay a bill then get taxed for it with my 2020 returns.

I guess something is better than nothing.

Day by day

Anonymous said...

Wow! Where's mine? It's mine, all mine!!