Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 27, 2019

'I chose life': Rescued yoga instructor talks about 17 days spent in forest surviving on river water, smarts

It had been more than two weeks that she had been lost in a thick Hawaiian forest, and Amanda Eller was at an end.

The 35-year-old doctor of physical therapy was at a place where she could no longer go forward because of the terrain. With a fractured leg and no shoes, she sure wasn't going to go back.

The area she found herself in had little to no food. She stayed there for a day and a half and, as Eller's mother and a friend told reporters Saturday as they detailed the rescued woman's ordeal, she began to resign herself to the dire possibility that she might die there.

"It came down to life and death -- and I had to choose. I chose life. I wasn't going to take the easy way out. Even though that meant more suffering in me for myself," Eller told CNN affiliate KHON.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no sympathy for these liberal idiots who take chances like this. She chose to to do this this and knew the risk , after all she is a doctor. We almost elected one of these types as president. I'm glad she made it , maybe a lesson learned , but I don't think so . Jim Dandy to the rescue.

Anonymous said...

12:06 ur an idiot. She went hiking and got lost. You have probably never gotten lost because your head is stuck in the toilet while looking for food

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure she was a real doctor but I do know she "graduated" from UMES. Draw your own conclusions.

Anonymous said...

How does one get lost for 16 days in a forest not much bigger than Salisbury City Park?

Anonymous said...

@12:31 sounds like she was the idiot!! One should possess better navigational skills before they wander into a Hawaiian forest.

Anonymous said...

C'mon everybody, calm down. Yes she's an idiot for going hiking in unfamiliar terrain by herself, trying to be nature girl, and possibly finding a solution for global warming. But at least she was trying. Baahaaa.

Anonymous said...

Something doesn't smell right here........

Anonymous said...

Enough about her already. This is now old news and she was stupid for not taking her phone. I think she is hoping for a movie or book deal.