Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 08, 2018

DNC chair Perez laments 'the pulpit,' religious messages that sour voters on Dems

Democrat National Committee Chairman Tom Perez told a room of progressives this week that political momentum is undermined by religious leaders standing at “the pulpit” on Sunday.

Attendees at Wednesday’s Demand Justice’s “The Court In Crisis: What’s Next For Progressives After Kavanaugh” Summit were told by Mr. Perez that they need to address the “pulpit” problem to better “penetrate” the American electorate.

“We need to build a bigger orchestra,” Mr. Perez said. “They’ve had a big orchestra for some time and they’ve got the megaphones to amplify it, whether it’s Sinclair at a local level or Fox at a national level. I’ve learned this from the outreach we’ve done at the DNC. ‘Why aren’t we penetrating?’ I ask And I had someone in Northwestern Wisconsin tell me, ‘you know what, for most of the people I know, their principal sources of information are Fox News, their NRA newsletter, and the pulpit on Sunday.’”

Mr. Perez said it was almost axiomatic that such individuals would shun the Democratic Party.

More here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. These mega million churches are killing us politically. If they all follow the steps of the WORD, this country would not full of liars, gangsters, and corruption. This government would not spend millions of dollars of taxpayers money investigating liars. The government would not spend tax payers money on illegal cheap laborers entrance into the U. S. The government would not spend tax payers money to shutdown access to insurance for people with pre exiting health insurance. The government would not spend tax payers money to increase military budgets in other countries. This list could go on and on and on. We need to spend our tax paying money taking care of our children, elders, veterans, all American citizen. Not the need of false prophets, NRA, one percenters and corrupt government leaders. I'm a 62 years old veteran with Multiple Myeloma who was approved to receive $27.00 in food stamps over a month ago. I'm still waiting for my food stamps. This disease whipped out my savings. I can't get ANY assistance. But, one thing I am grateful for is the Veterans Administration because I do not have or can afford to have is insurance. People wake up and realized just how corrupted our government really is on both side of the isle. This is not just a democrats or republican. This is an issued of rich people getting richer off the citizens disenfranchisement.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your health issues, but if the VA is so wonderful how come all your savings have been wiped out? You're just another screaming liberal.

Anonymous said...

1:40 pm. Thank you for your concern.
The only thing the V.A. pays for is my treatment. I'm unable to work. My savings was used to pay a household expenses with a mortgage, travel one hour to and from cancer center 4 days a weeks and 2 hours to and from the V. A. one day a week and for food. Cut cost by giving up the internet, telephone, and TV. I'm not receiving any S.S.I.D. as of yet. I'm on I.O.U. time in hope of S.S.I.D. Without that, I will lose everything. Trust me when I tell you this, I'm not just a screaming liberal. This government spend too much of our tax paying citizens over sea.

Anonymous said...

So your answer is to wipe out the church. I dare say the church does more to help out the people than the government does. That is why the progressives want to wipe out the church so there is no place else to turn to but them

Anonymous said...

Exactly

Anonymous said...

We pay immigrant s more a month than our Veterans and hardworking retired civilians. Heard it is well over $3,000 a month - closer to 4,000. I believe this person has a point. Something is terribly wrong.