Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 30, 2018

Baltimore daycare worker pleads guilty to killing eight-month-old girl

A daycare worker has pleaded guilty to killing an eight-month-old girl by smothering her with a blanket because she wouldn't go to sleep.

Leah Walden, 24, admitted the murder of little Reese Bowman, at Rocket Tiers Learning Center, Baltimore in May 2017, at a court hearing on Tuesday, wbaltvreports.

Walden was sentenced to 70 years in prison for the horrifying killing by Judge Althea Handy who sobbed as she handed it down.


In heartbreaking scenes, Reese's father Justin Bowman wept as he told the court: 'I will never see my girl take her first steps, hold her, kiss her, comfort her when she's scared, hear her say "I love you". I am devastated.'

Turning to Walden and pointing he said: 'Reese Annette Bowman accomplished more in her short life than this woman ever will.'

Walden tried to explain her actions by saying she had snapped and had not been given appropriate training or assistance for her job.

Assistant State's Attorney Anne Colt Leitess said Walden had told a co-worker, 'Girl, I'm frustrated. I'm sick of this little b****. I hate this little b****. She makes me want to punch her in the face.'

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a hate crime. Frustration does not explain what was done to this little angel.

Anonymous said...

A real heart breaking story.

Anonymous said...

It makes us wonder about the management practices at this daycare facility.

Anonymous said...

reading this made me cry and ponder the usefulness of the death penalty

Anonymous said...

If that was my child there would have a death penalty and it wouldn't have come from the court system.