Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 14, 2018

Happy Mothers Day America: 12 Million Millennials Still Live With Their Moms

Mother’s Day is tomorrow, and a new Zillow analysis finds 22.5 percent of millennials age 24-36 are living their moms or both parents, as this alarming trend is up more than 9 points since 2005.

Nearly 25 percent (12 million young adults) of all millennials will travel lightly this Sunday because most of them reside in their parents’ basement. On the bright side, that could translate into 12 million fewer drivers on the road; however, this is not good for a consumption-based economy.

Despite the Central-Bank-free-money-anything-goes-induced ‘economic recovery’, the total amount of millennials living with their parents had exponentially increased since 2005, when just 13.5 percent lived in their parents’ basement.

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should they buy the houses they can't afford where the jobs are or buy the houses they can afford where the jobs arent?

Anonymous said...

They are the ultimate consumers. Most of them that live at home spend their money on clothes, cars, phones, video games, dining out and vacations. Saving to buy home is not on their radar.

Anonymous said...

I loved my parents but I couldn't wait to be on my own. I wanted a job because I didn't have any money. My parents were poor. I moved to DC and got a job immediately. Shared an apartment and moved on with my life from there. My point is why would anyone want to stay in the nest. What free rent, food, clean clothes etc provided by your parents. Shows no responsibility. Not mature.

Anonymous said...

Now think about those poor ignorant parents who co signed for their kids' college loans.

Anonymous said...

2:02-Parents don't have to go sign for student loans. I got a full loan for SSU right out of high school. No credit and no cosigner.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day America: 12 Million Millennials Still Live With Their Moms


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMFAO!! Ha Ha Ha!! Jake Day still lives in his mommy's home. He isn't a homeowner because mommy is his land lord. Just as bad.

Anonymous said...

Probably why 1 TRILLION dollars in UNPAID student debt... too funny

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are missing the point.
There are no good paying jobs for these young people.
Also older people are working longer because they lost a lot of their IRA in the stock market collapse of 2008.

Anonymous said...

6:24- How is that funny? What is wrong with you?

Anonymous said...

Yes There are good paying jobs ! ..no , not the same ones from 20 ,25,30 years ago !!..come on now ! Go visit OTHER city's and places in OTHER states ! ..There ARE Good job opportunities millennials !!!

Anonymous said...

6:24- I've long paid off my student loan, moron. I have over an 800 credit score. There is nothing funny about you being an idiot and me being financially credible. Laugh at that, Sad Sack!