Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Cop with terminal cancer rescues hundreds of Harvey victims

HOUSTON - Among the heroes during Hurricane Harvey was Houston police officer Norbert Ramon, a 24-year veteran of the department who helped rescue 1,500 Houstonians while fighting stage four colon cancer.

“My main concern was to help the citizens,” said Ramon, 55. Nothing else was on my mind. I didn’t worry about me or anything.”

“I don’t dwell on it. I don’t like to let people know because I like to be treated equal.”

Harvey might have been his finest hour, colleagues said.

“It was desperate. I mean you’ve never seen so much water before,” added the senior police officer.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Sir, are a good man if I only could be a little like you I would be a better human being

Unknown said...

Now The definition of a selfless hero. God Bless You because u r a true HERO.