Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Jim Brown Speaks On Kaepernick: ‘I’m American — I Don’t Desecrate My Flag and My National Anthem’

Jim Brown was a fullback for the Cleveland Browns from 1957 to 1965 and is considered to be one of the greatest football players of all time. So when the multiple-time NFL MVP was asked his opinion on Colin Kaepernick, he could’ve stuck to talking about his game but instead went straight for the actions he’s most famous for.

Giving an interview with ThePostGame,

“I want to be in his corner, and I do think, ‘God bless him,’ ” Brown said. “I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American. I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

Kaepernick, a free agent, sat out the national anthem last year, his final year with the San Francisco 49ers, to draw attention to the treatment of minorities as well as police brutality. While those are issues that Brown has spoken out about for decades, he said Kaepernick should have found another way.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear his opinion.

He made a great movie vampire, too!

Anonymous said...


All-American in Lacrosse and Football before becoming the Cleveland Browns mainstay. Thank you, Mr. Brown!

Anonymous said...

There, BLACK Jim Brown said so - now follow the leader!

Anonymous said...

"Colon" is only half black therefore Jim Brown Trump's him.

Anonymous said...

Now he's pulling the race card. Claiming he's not being hired because of his race.

Unless his whole race disses America, It's flag and National Anthem and our Military( I think Ben Carson and friends may not be in his club), it's NOT about race at all, Kevin.

It's about your own personal actions and the fact that no team wants to touch you with ANYONE'S ten foot pole much less their own!

Anonymous said...

we should listen to Jim Brown simply because he is BROWN?