Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

General Motors Recalling Nearly 800,000 Pickup Trucks Worldwide

General Motors Co is recalling nearly 800,000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks worldwide that could lose power steering, according to documents made public Friday.

The largest U.S. automaker said the 2014 model year trucks could suffer a temporary loss of electric power steering, especially during low-speed turning maneuvers, according to documents disclosed Friday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I was looking last night at trucks to haul a Camper. Supposedly Chevy Silverado have the most towing capacity for a V8 engine. I have Honda and Nissans in my driveway. I guess I will stick with them for my truck as well.

Anonymous said...

hauling and towing are two very different subjects. but you are right, not much difference between the models you mention. junk!

Anonymous said...

My 2007 Chevy pickup was built in Canada. My 2010 Prius was built in New Jersey. GM stands for "government made".

Anonymous said...

Buy a Ford & get gassed

Anonymous said...

A chevy that needs to be recalled? No story there. Should recall the rest of that junk.