Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 23, 2017

Chris West Announces Run For Senate

I have decided to run for State Senate in District 42. This seat is currently held by Jim Brochin (D), who is vacating it in order to run for Baltimore County Executive next year. I had made no plans to make this race until recently and fully expected other qualified GOP candidates to run for it. When I learned that former longtime Delegate Wade Kach and four-term Delegate Sue Aumann have both decided not to run, I pondered the situation and concluded that I should throw my hat into the ring.

This Senate seat was designed to be a Republican seat. It gave Governor Hogan a 16,000 vote edge in the 2014 gubernatorial race. Senator Brochin narrowly edged out his Republican rival in the same election. I am confident that I can and will win the seat.

Key in my decision to run is that central Baltimore County, from Towson to the Pennsylvania Line, needs a State Senator who is respected by his colleagues, knows the ropes in Annapolis, has a demonstrated track record of success in solving constituent problems, can effectively represent his constituents from the day he is sworn in, has developed a close working partnership with Governor Hogan and the leaders of the General Assembly, and is intimately familiar with District 42, its residents, and its issues. I believe that, now that Wade Kach and Sue Aumann have decided not to run, I am the only person in District 42 who qualifies on all those counts.

I will make a public announcement of my candidacy on Monday morning, June 26, at 9:30 am on the lawn in front of the Baltimore County Board of Education at 6901 Charles Street. Parking is available along the shoulder of Charles Street. I would deem it an honor if you are able to be present for this announcement.

With best wishes, Chris West

4 comments:

Jim said...



"This Senate seat was designed to be a Republican seat.."

Oh really?

How was that done sir?

I'm quite conservative, but I have a big problem with a statement like that.

Anonymous said...

2:05 PM Maybe you should do some research and clarify his statement before getting offended.

Jim said...


Why would I need to do any research 3:15?

His statement is clear.

I'd say HE is the one who may need to clarify.. how was that done?

Anonymous said...

All seats were designed to a Republican seat and should be. I don't have a big problem with that, what say Jim. lol