Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 01, 2017

Texas man catches infection showering barefoot at gym

A Texas man caught a grave flesh-eating infection after showering barefoot at the gym.

The man, who has not been named, says what he originally thought was a singular wart grew to five, spreading across his foot and developing open wounds.

Despite trying everything to heal it, the wounds only continued to grow.

Now having undergone skin graft surgery, using fish scales, the man says he's sharing his photos to warn others of the dangers that live on shower floors.

A listener of The Rod Ryan Show onKTBZ-FM The Buzz, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent an email to the show about why you should always wear shoes in public showers, along with some pictures of his ordeal.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTH takes a shower in a public restroom without wearing flip flops? When I go camping I shower with a pair of flip flops and I don't touch the walls with my bare skin or with the towel.

Anonymous said...

I'll add to 12:17's comment. When away from home, regardless of where I've been, I wash my hands immediately upon entering my house. In restrooms, after hand washing, I always use wet paper towel from drying or new toilet tissue to open and close bathroom door. To much nasty stuff out there today, to not use your common sense.

Anonymous said...

This guy wasn't too bright. I'm sorry but if you don't use flip flops in public shower you're just asking for trouble...beast mode!

Anonymous said...

AWFUL!

Anonymous said...

I picked up crabs at the beach. Cooked them later though.

Anonymous said...

Heck, I learned to wear flip flops in the shower at boot camp!