A Texas man caught a grave flesh-eating infection after showering barefoot at the gym.
The man, who has not been named, says what he originally thought was a singular wart grew to five, spreading across his foot and developing open wounds.
Despite trying everything to heal it, the wounds only continued to grow.
Now having undergone skin graft surgery, using fish scales, the man says he's sharing his photos to warn others of the dangers that live on shower floors.
A listener of The Rod Ryan Show onKTBZ-FM The Buzz, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent an email to the show about why you should always wear shoes in public showers, along with some pictures of his ordeal.