Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Why Uncle Sam wants to know your ‘gender identity’ in the 2020 Census

The Census Bureau said Tuesday it wants to explicitly ask Americans about their sexual orientation and “gender identity” in the 2020 census, marking the first time it would probe for that information.

The bureau made the announcement as part of its proposed topics it submitted to Congress, teasing the issue in a single line inside an appendix.

A spokeswoman said she couldn’t say why the bureau wanted to prod Americans on that question.

It is the only new subject area the census has asked to include, and would join longstanding questions ranging from age, marital status and occupation.

The census currently gives a snapshot of same-sex households, which has been used as an approximation of gay couples.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
REG: What?!
LORETTA: It's my right as a man.
JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
LORETTA: I want to have babies.
REG: You want to have babies?!
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!”
-- Monty Python "Life of Brian"

No one ever thought it could get this absurd. But, the writers of Monty Python were pretty good prognosticators. The world has finally gone bonkers!!!

Anonymous said...

Government wants to take your identity completely away from you and assign you your identity.

Anonymous said...

depends on how you feel that day when you wake up

Anonymous said...

I don't and never will cooperate with the census takers.

Anonymous said...

Wonder how "Patch" the genderless person will fill out the census?

Anonymous said...

They may as well ask if anyone in the household has multiple personalities! I know someone who says that she has 12 personalities. Is she a household of one or thirteen?

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to answer that, I might feel like a kitty that day.

Anonymous said...

I think I will identify as a woman, and open a minority owned business and aply for government contracts. Biology be damned! Full speed ahead!

Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Anonymous said...

Shurely More Trans will show up as long as NO law against these operations ........

Anonymous said...

Bruce Jenner's has Changed !!
Chasity Bono too !!

Anonymous said...

All them pussy hats being taken over by bruce jenners, track stars, weight lifters. Womens sports will soon be all trannys. Hows that working for you molly and your womens rights ilk?