Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 01, 2016

My People Fund


 “As you may know by now, there have been terrible wildfires in the Great Smoky Mountains, the same mountains where I grew up and where my people call home. 

I have always believed that charity begins at home. That’s why I’ve asked my Dollywood Companies – Including the Dollywood Theme Park, and DreamMore Resort; My dinner theater attractions including Dixie Stampede and Lumberjack Adventure; and my Dollywood Foundation to help me establish the “My People Fund.” 

We want to provide a hand up to those families who have lost everything in the fires. To aid in their recovery effort, the Dollywood Foundation will provide $1,000 a month to all of those families who lost their homes in the fires for six months so that they can get back on their feet.”
Source/Donate

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donated. Thanks for putting this up!

Anonymous said...

What a class act!

Anonymous said...

You go Dolly. Charity does begin at home.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ma'am. My donation is on the way.

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Steve said...

Who would doubt that Dolly would step up to the plate here. Thank you, Dolly! You are our National Treasure, and deserving of all the respect here. God ha s blessed you with the Christian blessing, and we all love you.

godspeed!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gesture!!

Anonymous said...

There's a web site called The Nashville Shirt Company. They're coming up with a tshirt you can buy to show support and all the money they make goes to the families. They did it for Chattanooga when they had a terrorist attack and raised $125,000. All the money went to the families. Please keep this in mind.

Anonymous said...

She has always been a sweetheart. She told me some years ago that her shoe size was only a 5. She said nothing ever grows in the shade.

Anonymous said...

I wish she would also help expose the weather modification program which is on-going and extremely dangerous.

Anonymous said...

She should release the hounds and let those puppies breath!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful woman with a wonderful heart!