Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2016

James Madison University student accidentally overdosed on opioids at house party

A toxicology report has confirmed that a James Madison University student died from a accidental opioid overdose at a fraternity house party in February after he ingested a dangerous drug concoction known as 'poppy tea'.

Steven Austin Underhill, a junior majoring in engineering with a minor in math, was discovered unresponsive on February 21 at the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity house on South Main Street in Harrisonburg.

The 21-year-old student had 'a high dosage of opioids' in his system from ingesting poppy tea, according to the toxicology report.

The Harrisonburg Police Department warned the public against ingesting poppy tea following Underhill's tragic death, as it has been described as an intoxicating solution made from common household products, including poppy seeds.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but it serves him right for being so stupid.

Anonymous said...

If being stupid is the test for living, there would not be an empty plot in any graveyard on the eastern shore.

Anonymous said...

157
I agree.

Sometimes other commenters don't think clearly before they make a statement. I'm sure 123 did not mean what he typed.

Steve said...

Well, I'll disagree with the first two commenters. Yes, experimenting with opioids is highly dangerous. With that said, experimenting with unknown drugs has been a dangerous act since the 50's. Death is permanent, from what I've heard, so, I'll stick to what a doctor prescribes.

Just my take here...

Anonymous said...

so sad...