Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chick-fil-A Did WHAT on Sunday?

It’s not all that unusual in the Christian faith to express sympathy and compassion by preparing a country ham or a batch of biscuits or a peach cobbler.

It’s how we show folks that we care – we feed them.

Honestly, I think we do a better job communicating love with a sweet potato pie than we do with words.

Or if you are Chick-fil-A you communicate love through a chicken sandwich.

And that brings me to a heartwarming story that has emerged from the aftermath of the Islamist terrorist attack in Orlando.

Now, I should tell you that the folks over at Chick-fil-A are going to be mighty upset with me. They did not want me to tell you what I’m about to tell you.

But it’s a story you really need to hear. It’s a story we all need to hear – a chicken sandwich for the soul kind of story.

Normally Chick-fil-A is closed on Sunday so workers can go to church or spend time with their families or just sit on the front porch in a rocking chair and wave to passersby.

So when I received word through some of our readers that several Chick-fil-A restaurants in Orlando had opened their doors on Sunday – I was a bit intrigued.

Hours after the gunman had massacred 49 people and wounded dozens more in the Pulse nightclub, the community sprang into action.

More here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's because Christians care for our brothers and sisters. It's that simple.

Anonymous said...

Great job!