Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Obamacare Deductibles So High, No One Can Actually Use the Insurance

The Department of Health and Human Services insists that the Affordable Care Act not only expanded health insurance to many more Americans, but it also "made everyone's insurance better."

But some Republicans are asking, what good is the health insurance if sky-high deductibles mean you never get to use it?

The Democrats' Affordable Care Act is a mandate -- "not to get care, but to get coverage," Senator (and M.D.) John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said on Tuesday.

"And many people are finding the coverage is not at all of value to them because they can't get care. Either...their doctors don't take Obamacare or the deductibles are so high that they're never able to get to the insurance," Barrasso told a news conference.

"The president may call this a victory for the American people. I think this is something the president should not be proud of at all."

Barrasso noted that on Wednesday, Healthcare.gov will start reporting the 2017 premium increases for Obamacare policies sold on the exchanges.

"The news is not good for the American public," Barrasso said.

More

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! The idiots that are living with this would pull the lever for Obama yet a third time. Even worse they will actually vote for Hillary or Bernie. These people are really making me sick. I have spoken to some that have been hit hard with this insurance. Most answer without hesitation they will continue to vote these idiots into office. Insert definition of insanity here! I bet Mr. or Mrs. 7 figure retirement doesn't worry about this. Keep voting this crap into office people.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Makes my skin crawl that these people would vote the same way again and again .

Anonymous said...

Is anyone going to blame those who are actually making obscene profits (as they always have)?

Like maybe the insurance companies?

Anonymous said...

This was all too obviously an unsustainable boondoggle from the start, much like the Hillarycare of the early 1990s.

Anonymous said...

My daughter works full time attends college full time and pays a very affordable premium for health care through the Affordable Care Act. Insurance she wouldn't be able to afford without it.

Anonymous said...

This is basically catastrophic insurance for a lot more than regular insurance used to cost.

Anonymous said...

The ones who don't pay anything for there insurance and there family that is tired of pay there way put him in there

Anonymous said...

Because she makes so little she qualitfies for low income. She works full time her work should be providing her insurance.

Anonymous said...

9:52 doesn't the college also provide coverage?

Anonymous said...

Dave T: I was penalized over $600 this year for not having insurance. I was told when I checked into getting Obamacare that my income (about $35,000) was too high for me to qualify for any subsidies and that I could expect to pay about $400/month for the insurance and would have about a $7000 deductible. I am a college graduate, I hold a decent job and own a home, and to say the least this is much more than I can afford. I work for a living, so I'm not sure who this is designed to help. Certainly, not me. So now I'm simply uninsured and unable to obtain medical help if I need it. Thanks so much for nothing !

Anonymous said...

So you've got 'coverage', if you never pay the deductibles you don't have any coverage., you paid for it all plus you gave all of that premium money away, too.
Gee., ain't America great folks?

Anonymous said...

Some people seem to believe that voting is important.
It is not.
Stop doing it.
Participating in an illegal and fraudulent government is stupid.
Choosing between the better of 2 evils is still voting for evil.

Anonymous said...

if u think that Osama care is a good thing, u have been swimming in the Wicomico river too long

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain I work full time and don't qualify for Obama Care and was quoted 600 a month for insurance with a 10,000 deductible! I can't pay that kind of money it's more than my house payment! Then you get hit with a huge fine at tax time! Guess that's the price you pay if you work for a living!