Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Celebrating 157 Years of Service to the Westside

Please join us Saturday, April 16th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm to say THANK YOU for the unprecedented 157 years of faithful service to the Westside community by the Messick Funeral Home and the Messick family. 

This celebratory event will take place at the Westside Volunteer Fire Department, 21045 Nanticoke Road, Bivalve. Enjoy a delicious spaghetti dinner followed by an auction and the sharing of stories by community members that illustrate the wonderful contribution of this remarkable family business. There will also be a wonderful display documenting the history of the Messick Funeral Home. A $10 ticket donation is suggested; please make checks payable to Westside Missions. For more information please call 443-277-1131.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are not wonderful at all! My aunt was from that area of the county. Well before she died she purchased from them a head stone and their service to put it at her grave site in Mardela. Once she died at 98 years of age and was buried I contacted them. I had the letter/receipt for this and they would not honor their agreement! I had to get a lawyer to contact them just so my aunt could get her head stone that she prepaid for! I definitely won't be joining your celebration. It was just one more thing to deal with while grieving for my Aunt whose maiden name was Larmore. I don't trust them. She would have never got the head stone if the lawyer didn't push it.

Mrs. Tom

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have a bad experience but after 157 years and you're the only complaint, I think that says a lot them. They have been there for many, many people in their time of need and have always done a great job.

Anonymous said...

6:52, I rather imagine that they have had more than one complaint in all those years.