Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 05, 2016

An Open Letter To The SCGOP Executive Committee

“THE TRUMP MOVEMENT IS HERE TO STAY”

Dear SCGOP Executive Committee Members:

I have sent a letter expressing my feelings of what I think is happening in our nation and the GOP. I thought I should write my feelings as to how someone who had once been a staunch member of the party and an employee of Senator Lindsey Graham could now be a supporter of Donald Trump and no longer a member of the party. Some of you know me and know my previous involvement. For those that don’t let’s just say I was very involved on many levels.

I began this campaign supporting my former boss and serving on his leadership committee. This all changed for me and many others in SC when Nikki Haley removed the flag. I, for one, wanted it left where it was as I thought it reflected my heritage and history but putting that aside let me tell you exactly how it was perceived by me and again others.

Watching this evolve I saw leaders saying one day it reflected our heritage and the next day standing at a podium with not only our leaders but SCGOP leaders and RNC officials. And of course the next day the legislature was rushed into completing the deal. I am 68 years old and as I said very involved but for the first time what I always knew hit me like a ton of bricks. Not only was I furious I was very sad. Before you jump to any conclusions about the flag let me say even though I didn’t want it down the eye opener to me is the manner in which it was handled, with outsiders showing up that had no business being there. It is also what I perceived as what is happening in this nation.

More

No comments: