Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Kurt Russell: ‘Absolutely Insane’ to Think Gun Control Will Change Terrorists

In recent interview with Jeffrey Wells, acting legend Kurt Russell responded to questions on the San Bernardino attacks by saying it’s “absolutely insane” to “think gun control will change terrorists’ point of view.”

This was preceded by Russell explaining that he doesn’t “understand concepts of conversation about gun culture” because “we’ve lived with guns since, what, the 7th Century or something?”

But according to Hollywood Elsewhere, Wells continued to paw at Russell, combining the emphasis on terrorism with the suggestion that guns are something “disenfranchised white guys need” so they can “feel good about themselves.”

Russell said:

If you think gun control is going to change the terrorists’ point of view, I think you’re, like, out of your mind. I think anybody [who says that] is. I think it’s absolutely insane. The problem, the problem that we’re having right now to turn it around…you may think you’ve got me worried about you’re gonna do? Dude, you’re about to find out what I’m gonna do, and that’s gonna worry you a lot more. And that’s what we need. That will change the concept of gun culture, as you call it, to something [like] reality. Which is, if I’m a hockey team and I’ve got some guy bearing down on me as a goal tender, I’m not concerned about what he’s gonna do — I’m gonna make him concerned about what I’m gonna do…
 More 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is correct,but notice how once popular actors have turned to either doing commercials or political bashing.It's been years since I saw him in a movie.

Anonymous said...

Russell has always been a bit unconventional, something I like about him. He never married Goldie Hawn, but they are still together after 33 years and still walking hand-in-hand.

He was asked a question in an interview and answered. So what? Even celebrities are entitled to have opinions. I neither glorify nor degrade him for being a celebrity. He has always struck me as having his head on straight and not thinking himself superior for being a celebrity.