Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Former NFL QB Doug Flutie says both parents die in same hour

BOSTON (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Doug Flutie says both of his parents died within an hour of each other.

Flutie said Wednesday on his Facebook page that father Dick died of a heart attack in a Florida hospital and that mother Joan also suffered a heart attack and died less than an hour later.

Flutie wrote: “They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it.”

Flutie did not elaborate on the circumstances of their deaths, but called them “incredible parents and grandparents” who had been married for 56 years and were always there for their children.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. My mother, father and I watched his famous Hail Mary game when they visited me for Thanksgiving that year. I lost both my parents so I know how he feels. That was one amazing game that I will always remember mainly because my parents were there with me. I miss them so much.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and I am very sorry for the loss of your parents.

Steve said...

Awwww! God bless them. They will be together in the afterlife, and will be born again to find each other again. May their new life be as wonderful as the one they just left!

Anonymous said...

Condolences to Flutie and the entire family. So sad, so hard. But they are still together. I know he and the family will miss them terribly. I still miss mine.