Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Two Months After a Minor Incident at a Game, a Popular Girls’ Coach Got a Shock in the Mail: ‘All the Color Went Out of My Face’

It was a tense game between two third-grade basketball rivals, but it wouldn’t be until two months later that one team’s coach would feel the full effects.

Jessica Curs was coaching a team of 9-year-old girls in Burleson, Texas, when things got so heated that fans started heckling her, her husband and other coaches, she said. But it was when one particular fan, who turned out to be a plainclothes police officer, said he heard the coach fire back with her own comments that things escalated quickly.

Andy Love, the referee for the February game, said he blew his whistle for a foul when he saw a man holding Curs.

“We got a foul. I blow the whistle. I turn to report my foul, and I’ve got some guy standing on the edge of the gym floor grabbing a coach by the arm, trying to pull her off the court,” Love told KTVT-TV.

More

1 comment:

lmclain said...

The old "I can do anything I want" badge.
Almost as good as packing a .50 cal in a stadium full of nuns.