Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The 50 greatest Yogi Berra quotes

Yankees legend Yogi Berra passed away on Tuesday at the age of 90. An 18-time All-Star, Berra appeared in 14 World Series as a member of the Yankees and won 10 of them.

Berra’s contributions to MLB history are incalculable, but his legacy might be even better remembered for what he contributed to American language. A sportswriters’ favorite, Berra had countless expressions and turns of phrase that were memorable because most of them didn’t make any sense. (At the same time, every one had some truth to it.)

Berra-isms (colloquial expressions that lack logic) are now countless, and many of them are just attributed to Berra, even if he never actually said them. As he so perfectly put it: “I never said most of the things I said.” Here are 50 of our favorites.

1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is one from my wife who pass away.
We went to see her doctor who asked her how her appetite was.
She answered it was fine.
I then spoke up and said you don't eat anything.
Her response was, "Well I'm not hungry".

Anonymous said...

"Mickey kept trying to convince me that he was a compulsive liar but I wouldn't believe him" is my undocumented favorite.