Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 03, 2015

Yes, my teenage son is transgender. No, you may not ask about his genitals.

The phone rang early Sunday morning. I glanced at the caller ID, wondering who could be calling me at this hour.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I thought, recognizing the name as someone I had talked to once in probably five years.

This was the fourth such call we’d gotten in the past month. Once again, some random friend of my mother-in-law was calling to talk about my son. People just couldn’t stay out of our business.

“Hi Sharon,” came the overly sweet voice on the other end. She quickly got around to asking what they all ask: “But what does he look like physically?”

“That’s private,” I said, matching her sweet tone. “We don’t talk about that.”

“I’m just asking you because you’re a doctor.”

More

8 comments:

Doc Johnson said...

From what I know, most of the guys only can afford the breast implants, and a few hormone shots to stop hair growth. The actual sexual reassignment surgery is in the neighborhood of $30 to 40 thousand dollars. Well beyond the casual "Drag" queen or Tranny bank account. Then there is the girl transformation, again, up to $50 thousand to actually create a working organ, well working to some extent.
A true Transgender is very rare, it is something for the really rich, like Jenner/Caitlyn.

Anonymous said...

I think the only reason Jenner pulled this stunt to stay out of jail for the accident he committed while texting while driving. As soon as he had the accident he became TRANNY!!!

Anonymous said...

You say its private but here you tell the story to everyone. I stopped reading cause I could care less

Anonymous said...

It's a mental illness treat it as so.

Anonymous said...

freakville usa

Anonymous said...

MAN, I don't care!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is just like Michelle Obama's makeup job, (Lipstick on a Pig), if you ain't changed on the bottom, then that is your sex.

Anonymous said...

I agree to the above it is a mental illness and should be treated as so.