Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 25, 2014

Military Bars Troops From Attending Vacation Bible School Honor

Bible Baptist Church in Carthage, Missouri is a small country church bursting with American pride. Old Glory is posted in the sanctuary. And every morning at summer youth camp, the teenagers pledge allegiance and sing the national anthem.

Patriotic holidays are big doings at Bible Baptist. On Memorial Day, the church ladies put out quite a spread – fried chicken, potato salad. Veterans would wear their uniforms and the preacher would salute them during the morning worship service.

“We are a very patriotic church,” Pastor Kent Hogan told me. “We love America. We love this country.”

So it was not that big of a surprise when the church decided to honor the military during their annual Vacation Bible School. The theme was “God’s Rescue Squad.” And each day of the week, the church invited local “rescue squads” to visit with the boys and girls.
More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this shouldn't be tolerated. disgusting at best. is this still America?

Anonymous said...

Shame.

I hope we vote a chance to get America back in 2014 and 2016.

All this "Reform" makes me sick.

We need "Restore"

Anonymous said...

Well, that's just disgusting. The government that I support with my taxes does not represent me. Now, where have I heard a similar sentiment?

Anonymous said...

You idiots voted in that illegal Muslim from Kenya. This is all the works of a madman and you all support him. I can't wait till that Civil War starts because I know a lot of Democrats who will be on the wrong side. Don't fall for their crap when they start lying and saying they didn't vote Democrat of Obama. They all voted for him or they would have changed their parties. Democrat in my eyes means Traitors. And all you traitor RINO's that voted for Norm Conway and Jim Mathias because they are nice guys, I'm pretty sure you voted for Obama. You will be in trouble as a traitor also. All is fair in War.