Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 23, 2014

Martin O'Malley Back From Iowa

Team -

A little over thirty years ago, I made my first trip to Iowa as a volunteer for Gary Hart's presidential campaign. I played the guitar at fundraisers, but my main job was to mobilize supporters in Davenport ahead of the Caucus.

Last weekend, I went back to Iowa to campaign for Democrats up and down the ticket, and to address the state's Democratic Party Convention where I shared the story of us - of Baltimore and Iowa, of Maryland and America.

We filmed a fun behind-the-scenes video of the trip that I hope you'll watch and share with friends.



The weekend started off saluting Senator Tom Harkin's career of service on Friday night at the Iowa Democratic Party's Hall of Fame Dinner. 

On Saturday morning, I helped Democrats in Polk County kick-off a canvass for Iowa's coordinated campaign.


From there, I spoke at the convention about our work in Maryland to raise the minimum wage and pass expanded Pre-K. About the choices we've made to build our economy from the middle-out, and the middle-up. Prosperity doesn't trickle down from the top -- it never has. And as a result of our work, Maryland now has the highest median income of any state in the country.

After the event, I joined Jack Hatch, Lt. Governor nominee Monica Vernon, and others at campaign stops in Des Moines, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and Dubuque.
It was a great time, and I hope you'll take a moment to watch our behind-the-scenes video and share it with you friends, family, and social networks.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and share.

All the best,

Martin O'Malley 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all this on our taxpayer money. O'Malley is like Obama. I this and I that and I whatever. Now, who will you vote for for Judge?

Anonymous said...

Did he talk about the prisoners in MD State Penitentiaries scr*wing the guards! Did he tell them how his administration blew $200 million dollars on a failed health care roll out? How he has given Marylanders 24 tax increases, to the point that wealthy people are leave and 48% want to leave? They need to talk to us!

Anonymous said...

Gary (Loser BIG Time) Hart, & O'Malloy; how sweet.

Anonymous said...

Why would I want to watch any of that bullsh!t? It's all lies. You can't sell lies! Ask Hillary!

Anonymous said...

Um, some say 40 tax increases, and I've heard higher numbers, 6:06. I guess it's if he named it a tax or a fee. Bottom line is, it's the tax "rate" that's driving businesses away. A lower rate attracts new businesses, increasing the number of businesses and employees paying taxes, thereby increasing the total number of dollars collected, but Progressive Democrats refuse to look at it from that end. They just want to squeeze the last drop out of whoever is left.

Vote. Tomorrow is your LAST DAY.

Anonymous said...

I wish this article had a "Hate" box to check instead of a "Like" box.

Anonymous said...

I would like to say I wished he had stayed in Iowa but I can't in my heart do that to the people of Iowa. But I sure as hell can't wait for him to be gone so the next bloodsucking liberal can become governor. We are screwed.