The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Magnolia Man Arrested in the Death of His Six Month Old Daughter

Magnolia, DE- The Delaware State Police have arrested a 27 year old Magnolia man after an investigation into the circumstances surrounding his six month old daughter's death revealed he acted in a reckless manner.

Randy D. Mosley turned himself into detectives at Troop 3 Monday afternoon after they consulted with the Attorney General's Office and a warrant for Endangering the Welfare of a Child by Intentionally, Knowingly, or Recklessly Acts in a Manner Likely to Cause Injury Thus Causing Death (Felony) was issued for his arrest.

In October of 2013, Kent County Emergency Operations Center (9-1-1) received a call about an unresponsive 6 month old female located in the unit block of Marshview Drive in St. Jones Common MHP, Magnolia. EMS and Paramedics responded to the house and transported Aryanna Mosley to Kent General Hospital in Dover where she was pronounced dead. Detectives from the Troop 3 Criminal Investigations Unit were immediately assigned to conduct the investigation into the infant's death.

Detectives discovered through interviews with the victim's father, Randy Mosley, that Aryanna was placed in her bassinet around 4:00 a.m. on October 11, 2013 and woke around 7:30 a.m. crying. Mosley then moved his daughter and bassinet from his bedroom to another bedroom at the other end of the trailer, where he changed her and then placed her back in the bassinet with a bottle of formula. Mosley then took a blanket and wrapped it in a circle around the baby's head in order to prop the bottle in her mouth, but also expose her face through the circle opening. He then took a second blanket and placed it underneath the child and folded the sides of the blankets around her in order to tuck her arms inside the blanket so she wouldn't knock the bottle out of her mouth. Mosley then returned to his bedroom and fell back asleep.

At approximately 12:50 p.m., Mosley entered the room to check on Aryanna and thought she was still sleeping, noticing the bottle was out of her mouth and the blanket was covering her face. He left the room and conducted business around the house only to return to her room around 1:20 p.m. to discover she was in the same position. He then attempted to wake her by moving her foot, but she was unresponsive. Mosley then contacted the Aryanna's mother, who was at work, and she called 9-1-1.

An autopsy was conducted by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the cause and manner are currently pending.

Randy Mosley was arraigned at JP2 and released on $5,000.00 unsecured bond.

Released: 050614 0900


Anonymous said...

He doesn't check on a 6 month old for 5 hours? Then she is still quiet and waits another hour? This is crap and he knew what he did. No diaper change, no fussing for food or crying? That poor sweet baby suffered at the hands of this lazy slacker who was too busy sleeping to feed her for 5 minutes. If his "story" is true, he neglected her to death. I hope he rots.


Anonymous said...

And then there are children who are better off without their fathers (presumably biological).

Anonymous said...