Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 24, 2014

If You Get A Call From Someone Claiming To Be With The IRS -- Be Suspicious!

If you get a call from someone claiming to be with the IRS -- be suspicious!

Federal authorities are spreading the word about what they're calling the largest nationwide phone scam ever.

Officials say more than $1 million has been stolen from thousands of unsuspecting people.

The calls involve an IRS impostor who says you owe taxes that must be paid with a pre-paid debit card or wire transfer.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the last 2 weeks or so I've been getting area code 202 calls from DC.I can be gone all day without anyone calling per my caller ID which is never wrong.Just as soon as I get home the phone rings.When I answer the phone it's usually someone selling a vehicle extended warranty or some other scam.I find it odd that these calls always come as soon as I get home regardless of how long I've been gone.Is it a coincidence?

Anonymous said...

Did you get a smart meter installed?

Daddio said...

WHY is there a space on form 1040 for your phone number IF they are not planning to call you??

The IRS needs to modify their forms to match what they are publicly telling folks here ...

Anonymous said...

The great watchdog "Hero", Mike Lewis will protect you, just give him a call, oh wait, that's right, he won't be there, he is on tour!

Anonymous said...

Good point 6:32.I never thought about that.