Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 16, 2013

New Law Designed To Protect Pets From Getting Shot By Police

DENVER — A new law in Colorado is aimed at protecting dogs from being killed by law enforcement officers. 50 dogs have been killed in the last five years.

Some have been videotaped and seen on the news recently.

One such incident happened in May 2011 when a German shepherd with a bone in her mouth walked toward an officer in Erie who was in the neighborhood on an unrelated call.

He shot the dog to death.

Brittany Moore still has the shock burned into her memory. “It’s an awful experience. It’s the fact that Ava was shot but it’s the after effect… it’s my three daughters. I’m doing this for my three daughters.”

More

6 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Horrible is postmodern law.

Anonymous said...

I urge everyone to contact their congressmen and request the same law for maryland or whichever state they live in.

Maybe the police would obey THAT law.

Anonymous said...

8:30 PM

Sorry, I don't understand.

lmclain said...

9:08.....don't hold your breath for any of that to happen, especially the part about the police obeying ANY law. Ask them --- they are not held to that standard.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should volunteer your expertise on this matter immy. I'm sure the country would be better off.

Anonymous said...

If you make a task force that says, if any cop shoots any dog, we will come for you in anyway, shape or form if necessary...

Meaning, sometimes you have to threaten the cops life or someone of his family or their pet in order for them to finally follow the laws...

The eye for an eye stuff... I garantee that if it were and eye for an eye in that reguard the cops won't be doing shit... they won't use excesive force, they won't shoot dogs or people for no reason... They won't tase someone until their brain dead...

I am telling you this is what it will take to stop the piolice brutality... What else will? laws? yeah right, there are laws and the cops break them everyday and all they have to say is "I felt for my life" or "well, I smell weed anyway so I will do my search" when they never smell shit...

How do you combat that? OH I smell weed from your car so I will search it now, and ooops now all of a sudden there is a baggie of weed there... hmm gee I wonder how that got there... good luck trying to defend and prove that in court...