Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 25, 2013

NTSB Issues Preliminary Report On Bay Bridge Crash

A preliminary federal report on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge crash that sent a car into the water says the driver of a tractor-trailer involved was on his first trip in the U.S. without a more experienced operator. 

The National Transportation Safety Board released the report Monday on the July 19 accident near Annapolis. The crash sent a car driven by 22-year-old Morgan Lake of Sunderland over the railing and into the water 27 feet below. Lake was able to get out of the car and was rescued.

The report said a tractor-trailer hit Lake's car and another vehicle, pushing Lake's car over the barrier wall. The NTSB says the driver was employed by a Canadian carrier and was on his first solo trip in the United States.
More 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you smart arse truck drivers ain't got squat to say now. Believe it ir not truckers, there are bad drivers amongst you just like the regular public.

Anonymous said...

That shows that bridge is too high.

Anonymous said...

9:32 AM

We know that. If you've got a problem with "smart arse truck drivers", I question your driving skills. You are too defensive. Sounds like you doubt your own skills and need validation.

Anonymous said...

I found that comment weird as well.

Anonymous said...

If I recall, the last accident on the bridge involving a vehicle going over, it was a truck driver who DIED rather than crushing the car of the driver who cut him off.

When stuff like this happens, stop with the stupid unkind comments.

I am just happy this poor woman is alive, that her car went off at 22 or 27 feet instead of much higher, that she kept her head together and is ALIVE!

Anonymous said...

I think the point of the comment , though convoluted, is referring to when this article first posted and there were several truck drivers in the comments blaming the driver of the car and not the truck driver.

Anonymous said...

I hope they checked that truck driver's phone for texts, calls etc. I see people behind me texting and it scares me to death.

Dana said...

I have my CDL and so does my husband. We talked about this article. We both concluded even if you are from a different country, commercial drivers are held to a higher standard. I don't think it should be blamed on his first solo trip in the U.S.Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful the girl survived. I saw her on TV shortly after and she was so traumatized.
All drivers need to be more attentive. It was painful to watch and listen to the girl describe how scared she was.

Anonymous said...

Be glad when this disappears, like the comments I send in. Poof, never to be seen again.