Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Disabled Marylanders Join Class Action Over Delayed Benefits

Citing a severe and chronic backlog, advocacy groups have filed a class-action lawsuit accusing the state of failing low-income and disabled Marylanders by regularly taking nearly a year to approve medical assistance applications.

The lawsuit, filed last week in Baltimore Circuit Court on behalf of nearly 10,000 disabled adults, seeks to force the Department of Human Resources to approve the Medicaid applications within 60 days, as required by state law. The advocates allege that nearly 46 percent of applications in 2012 were illegally delayed.

More 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, good for them. I hope they utilize the same type of lawsuit towards the social security admin.

They are notorious for delaying decisions for years upon years.

All the while these people, myself included, have to wait, and wait, and wait.

With no money coming in.

I am told they don't want to give any money out. Even if it's my money.

I have paid into this 'TAX' for decades, as well as my employers.

It is not the states or the fed's money. It is ours.

They FORCE us and our employers to pay into this system but do not want to give it back.

I understand there are some who 'play' the system but those of us that don't, and who have a legitimate claim, who are we being punished for the acts of other immoral people?

If they want to do away with ss, fine. Pay everyone back the money they have contributed, with interest, fire all your workers and close your doors.

I'm sure people could handle their money just fine without any 'help' from the government.

I would bet my first check against them allowing this scam to end.

They do not want their little piggy bank to go away.