Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Volunteers Continue to Clean up Crisfield




65 people showed up today to volunteer
WHAT IS NEEDED
Appliances mainly refrigerators, furniture, mattresses, linens including pillows are some of the things that are needed.
They also need building supplies  drywall, plywood and insulation. Right now they seem  to have enough food and the only clothing they are requesting is NEW underwear .
 The above items are a priority right now.  

All polling centers will be open Tuesday in Crisfield

Delaware Veterans Association  were there today to bury the caskets that were forced up due to the flooding.

Home Depot delivered 3 truck loads of building material today. 

No more donations of water is needed at this time. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless Ya Butt! Doing what I can too.

I'm unemployed, am doing what I can physically, at least I'm not just sitting on my butt waiting for my next check.

As many that are collecting unemployment I would expect some effort on everyone's part, we are always in this together, and the worst for many of us could be only the next storm away. Peace

Anonymous said...

3:42
I was told they are storing some of the things in another location at the dealership.

Anonymous said...

Called these named stores.they said have to talk to corporate and can't do that till monday.Walmart said they donated a million and a half dollars to new york and new jersey.when asked about our locals in crisfield they said nothing has been sent there that they know off.I told them of the needs...bedding blankets cooking things I.e. camping grills stoves propane etc..I to have been laid off. Luckily my boss still works me a couple days when he can.I just hope someone will fight for me when my day comes that I need it.ill keep on pushing these stores.please everyone do the same.
Butthole

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to make the local prisoners that are locked up for non violent crimes get out their and help.

Anonymous said...

7:40, I say have the people in the housing authority do it! If they can walk to the mail box for their monthly checks then they can help clean up and rebuild

Anonymous said...

@9:40

You stand to judge all those people under one blanket, you need to ask yourself "What would Jesus do?"

Anonymous said...

I have a king sized bed in fairly good shape I will donate along with some sheets. Please let me know of a drop off location. I am also going to look through the other stuff I have and donate as well.