The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Woman Set On Fire During C-section Loses Suit Against Doctor

(Reuters) - A New York jury has ruled that an obstetrician is not liable for his former patient's abdomen catching fire during a Caesarean section in an incident that left her with a third-degree burn, a newspaper reported on Saturday.
The Post-Standard of Syracuse said a jury in Onondaga County state Supreme Court decided the case on Thursday in favor of Dr. Stephen Brown regarding the 2010 surgery at Crouse Hospital.
The fire was the result of a surgical tool igniting an alcohol-based antiseptic applied to the patient's skin, the newspaper said.

No comments: