Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 05, 2012

Romney Says He was 'Completely Wrong' About '47 Percent' Comments

FISHERSVILLE, Va - Mitt Romney for the first time characterized his comments during a fundraiser that were surreptitiously filmed and caught the candidate essentially writing off 47 percent of Americans as "completely wrong."

"Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question and answer sessions, now and then you're gonna say something that doesn't come out right," Romney said in an interview Wednesday night with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "In this case I said something that's just completely wrong."

Romney went on to say that his life has shown he cares about "100 percent and that's been demonstrated through my life and this whole campaign is about the 100 percent."

More 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care about the 47%. Why should he pretend to care? It pisses me off that these guys try to make EVERYONE like them. What's wrong with honesty?

Anonymous said...

No he wasnt, in fact the number is even higher.

Anonymous said...

He got the gen-pop blues.

Anonymous said...

He is an honest man...much more than I can say about our Muslim President!

Anonymous said...

I took it to mean that he wasn't going to bother attempting to change the minds of 47% of the voters who are quite sure to vote for Obama, not that he didn't care about them.
I'm like that. I'll complain and moan about the "welfare crowd" but when I hear a sob story I'm the first one reaching in my purse.

Anonymous said...

7:21, I took it the same way and I'm a Democrat.

I took it to mean he wasn't going to spend time and resources chasing committed votes he would never have.

On both sides, too much focus on out of context comments, stated in shorthand, whether it's the "you didn't build that" or this "47%" comment.

People need to get back on the real issues, like jobs!