Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Thanks For The Support

"I read your blog every day and you guys do a great job. Good luck with the mayor race----in your case no luck needed (You got it hands down) Keep up the great work ,I'll be reading daily".

Each day I run into people, get phone calls, text messages and e-mail from people showing their support like the one above.

I want to thank ALL of you. We've given up a lot to make this happen but don't think for a second I don't realize what ALL of you have given up by trusting the last two Mayor's and believing they were going to turn things around.

Forgive me for shifting gears for a second but I want to share this story with you. About 7 years ago my Wife gave me this new device called a GPS thingamabopper for my car. Being that it was a gift I gently said, what the heck is this. She told me it would help me get to know Salisbury a lot better. In reality Folks, she was sick and tired of me calling her and saying, where the heck is this road and that road.

I reluctantly plugged the thing into my car and let me tell you, I was absolutely shocked at how this amazing device worked. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was one of the greatest surprises and presents I had ever received in my lifetime.

So why did I share this with you. Well, once I'm elected I can truly tell you that YOU are going to have that exact same feeling about me being your next Mayor. While some of you are thinking, this guy is just a Blogger, you are very mistaken. When you see the end results of what WE can do TOGETHER, when you see the entire City Council finally getting along your going to come around a year or two later and say, that was the greatest vote I ever made, (locally, anyway).

I'm no politician. I'm only a good speaker because I do not lie, yet I'm nowhere near as charismatic as Ireton and others. However, guess what I do really well that former administrations can't do, RUN A BUSINESS. MANAGE PEOPLE.

Should I be honored to become your next Mayor you have my word I'll work harder than any candidate you've ever met. I'll listen, I'll make hard decisions and I will keep the future of Salisbury's financial stability in mind each and every time I bring an item to the Council.

April may seem like a long way away to most of you but believe me when I tell you, the days are screaming past me every day and I hope I have enough time to meet as many of you as humanly possible between now and election time.

Thank You so much for all of your support. You won't ever regret it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I won't!

Anonymous said...

April is but a blink of an eye away. You have a lot of support Sir.

Anonymous said...

I saw you yesterday and was very pleased with what you said.

Jim Ireton said...

I would like to be the first to Congratulate you on your Mayoral win.

Anonymous said...

Joe you are going to be a hard one to beat.

Anonymous said...

April is coming so fast it is unbelievable. I have my voting finger ready.