Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Request From A Reader

Mr. Joe,

Your site has been a portal for reuniting lost pets with their owners with excellent results and they are some of my favorite posts. I was wondering if you could remind your vewiers that you also have a link on your site for people looking for a pet to adopt. I think the last post on it was in 2010 and am thinking that many have forgotton about it. I have been looking for a puppy who won't grow to be a big dog for over a year now. For personal reasons, I won't go to the Humane Society and went so far as to hit rock bottom and go to the Daily Times looking for pets. However, after 40 minutes of waiting for the page to load and getting the message that the site is not responding, I gave up on on that idea, lesson learned, I should have known that if the paper itself was crap that their website would be the same thing. I am sure that people end up with an unexpected litter of puppies once in a while and may want to find a good home and not take them to the shelter.

Thank you for all that you have done for many of us. I for one, will NEVER forget what you did for my family and I want to tell everyone, When you say something, you MEAN it!
Signing this with my real name because I am not ashamed to say that when I needed a helping hand, you extended yours.

Cindy Whetzel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

petfinder.com


Found my dog on that site about 5 years ago or so. It tells you the temperment of the animal, you can search by breed, age, location, etc. Connects you with shelters from all over.

Anonymous said...

I called the number in the DT for the Homless Dogs ad, her name is Sally Jones , she didn't have what I was looking for (she has mostly large outdoor only dogs) but was able to give me several numbers of other ladies in our area that had taken in dogs she didnt want to end up at Humane Society. And trust these people WILL call you back and bend over backwards to help you.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, you can also contact specific breed rescues and they will relay a dog to you if there isn't one in the area. Sometimes puppies are included.

Just Google, like "Whippet Rescue" or "Yorkie Rescue" and you can find a dog that will fit.

There is also an "all dog" rescue in lower Delaware a friend had a great experience with getting a puppy. It was microchipped and everything!