Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

There's More Work To Be Done

Look how overgrown the weeds are onto the sidewalk.


When you look at the above pictures you can see the overgrown weeds spreading well over the sidewalk. I got one side, (near the road) but there's a LOT more work to be done and after what I did yesterday I'd say some professional equipment needs to come in to remove the other side of the sidewalk. There's no question in my mind that it would look so much more inviting coming into Salisbury if this were properly maintained.

That being said, here's what I'd like to ask all of our viewers. I'd like you to take a picture of areas like Rt. 50 and Rt. 13 of similar conditions. The reason I ask is because I want to start a group of volunteers to go out once a week and start cleaning up these areas. We can do it!

Let's take some pride in Salisbury and at least make a visible difference for those people living, working and traveling through Salisbury. I'd enjoy starting a list of people willing to get involved. If you're interested please send me an e-mail at alberobutzo@wmconnect.com or call me at 410-430-5349. I'll keep that list confidential. I look forward to hearing from you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to volunteer some time. Thanks for asking Joe! I come by and see you this week.

Anonymous said...

I always thought that sidewalks upkeep was the responciabilty of the property owner, AND, it violates the cities code on blight.
If you get the Mayors job will you make sure property and Businesses keep their places in better shap than they are now? Will you in force codes?

Anonymous said...

Can democrats join the group?

Anonymous said...

i feel like my taxes are paying somebody to take care of all that! the gov employees that are there just need to start doin what they're getting paid to do! there is no reason,one man with a shovel needs tree men watching him work!!

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Anonymous said...

maybe a couple of jug of weed killer sprayed on it to kill the weeds then they'd be easier to dig up? just a thought...good job.

Anonymous said...

How about making sidewalk maintenance and other types of public area maintenance a requirement for welfare? Oh thats right, Obama gutted the work requirement for welfare payments. So taxpayers foot the bill for freeloaders and then volunteer to do the work that taxpayer funded public employees won't. What a wonderful system we have under Progressive Democrat rule.

Anonymous said...

There is also some tree trimming that needs to be done in Salisbury also. City officials have neglected this maintenance also While driving down the city street - located just behind the Sage Dinner (South Tower Drive) - the tree is actually growing out into the roadway and thus obstructing traffic flow. It is an unsafe condition.

Keep up the good work Joe. I really like your hands-on approach.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Joe. I really like your hands-on approach.

Ditto!

Anonymous said...

We will be there!

Anonymous said...

I would get dirty for you Joe, just say when and where.